Sunday, January 30, 2005

Joke of the Day

Another complaint letter from weird parent and kid. The one kena this time is Dong.
I understand that you have been informed of the incident which I found out only while packing Kxx's school bag tonight. This is what I gathered from Kxx:He had been asked by you to lend out his pens to a boy in the same MT class. His classmate (a girl) told Kxx that the boy spolit the pens. Kxx therefore informed you. The pens are indeed no longer useable. As a parent, I try hard to cultivate the sense of responsibility in my son for his belongings and studies.When I bought the pens for him, he has been told of the consequence should he mis-handle them. (He was so worried when I questioned him.)I am not feeling lost over the dollars. Kxx is helpful and listens to teacher's instructions. However, it is not fair to Kxx and myself. While Kxx is afraid that if he does not lend out his pens, he will be looked upon as selfish (which is not a moral value that I teach my son). For a parent, it is unfair to me to fulfill the teacher's class requirements and yet having to keep paying out for what is not my son's doing.So what if Kxx does not have the pens for his lessons? Either he will have to keep borrowing from his classmates (or else not able to do his work and have to face worse consequences) or he may have to carry the message back to me that he needs to have It is not that I can afford to buy good pens for my son. Certain pens do not produce clear ink, especially green. Thus, these pens do cost me a few bucks than cents, just to make sure his work is clearly done to teacher's expectations. I'm writing to you to try and avoid similar occurrence. Otherwise, there's no use for me to keep replacing. In future, I would like the teacher or student concerned to hold the responsibility to replace them accordingly where the case is clear-cut like today.I sincerely hope you understand where I'm coming from. Normally, I will just replace but there are other aspects that I have to balance in Kxx's growing mind stage. If you need to reach me, please do not hesitate to contact me at 9XXX XXXX. Thank you.
P.S. Mdm xxx, this is just FYI. Hope our meeting today has given you an insight of the active role I play in Kxx's school life. You will probably understand better why I have to get this matter straighten out. Thanks for your patience.

Ha..the thing is...the kid was asked to lend his PENCIL...and it turned out his GREEN PENS are spoilt...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Typical Lahell kids and parents